Maya Camera Match Work
Continuing the camera match project I created a sphere with a blinn as close to the actual light ball I shot in place on the day I took the images. Then started to work with lights to try and get the digital conditions to match the reality using spots, ambients and light domes.
This process turned out to be much harder than I thought it would be, getting the direct and light dome components close wasnt too hard - there was at least improvement as I tweaked between renders. Getting the reflected lighting from the table I definitely havent mastered, though I have tried a handful of techniques - some with pretty scary render times considering I was just rendering a single ball :-)
Anyhow, I have enough to try some compositing and will test running some passes with coloured lower lighting to simulate things.
[two images of the lighting match WIP first the ref ball and one of many renders.]