Sunday, 17 April 2011

MvB New Coloured Concept



Here is a new Moths vs Butterflies colour treatment on one of the sketches I posted the other day. I tinkered with this over the weekend and took the WIP images as I went along that you can see below. All dont in photoshop, I started with the scan - using the Curves to get rid of the paper and then desaturated the result. I whipped up a quick background that would hint at forest while giving good contrast to the Butterfly scheme. I used a handful of layers that split the basic colour areas apart using hard round brushes most of the time at various opacities to get the layering without going too fine. Lastly I used a filter (Accented Edges) on the zoomed in sketch multiply layer to clean up the pencils.

Here is the WIP set:








No comments: